Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Clutter

Clutter~my mind is a giant room of cluttered books, cluttered clothes imploding in on me. I have about five different place to direct my thoughts and yet none of them settle on anyone subject. It's like my mind is opening up one of the books in the cluttered space and reads for a few moments that swiftly replaces it a new. I'm afraid lot's of the books in my mind are children's books and that my reasoning is (as one of my professors told me) native. But I can't focus on one thought for too long or I might brake routine.

Yesterday I met with the woman who is an expert on nurses of WW1. She was fascinating, and had a lot to say about the realities of war, it makes me very nervous writing, I want to do some justice to the period. I think perhaps i will phrase my book as a book that takes place behind the war, not necessarily about the way. My book has a plot which of corse makes it fictional, and I think it would be more honest to phrase it this way.

One of my professors gave me some harsh criticism about my writing, more so than I've already written about in the blog. It makes me feel like I should have stuck with the nursing path, or teaching...I could have been good at either. I wanted to be a nurse or a doctor in the worst way until I was about seventeen, I think that is why this book has so much of the medical involved. I still think it's interesting and I'm still petrified I should have gone into it instead. But with ot, hopefully I'll get to do both.

Today I went on a Harry Potter tour of Oxford. We saw the stair case where all the first years come in and the great hall which was filmed in Christ church. It was pretty much how you would picture it. Sometimes I feel like i'm going to school at Hogwarts...I wish i were magical it would certainly take care of all these career issues. What do you do? Oh i'm a wizard. No questions asked. That is a pretty impressive title. Speaking of magic I saw a pretty good magic show last night at the cape of good hope. The magician is there every monday. He told me I made him nervous, I hope I don't make people nervous but I'm around performers all the time at home it's quite easy for me to be a little skeptical. Anyways i thought the show was brilliant.
Off to Wales tomorrow, I'm not sure if they have internet so it may be a while till I can write again.

No comments: