Sunday, August 1, 2010

Not quite sure

J.K Rowling said that failure is what you learn best from, that it is necessary. I hope she failed sometimes, then I could relate. Sometimes I feel like I'm a swimmer in the Olympics and I'm hoping no one will notice that I only have the skills of a life guard. As a writer I question everything about myself, and perhaps the question I raise most is: What give me the right to write this story? But then I remember that I was given this story, and stories come to people for different reasons, and it just so happens that you need to write the one your given-no matter how ill equipped you feel. And I think that, and I could be wrong, if you go with what you are given you will figure it out and write something important. This could all be wrong of corse and I may stand corrected hundreds of times over, but this is at least what I feel now.

Tomorrow I'm heading off to London to meet with a woman who is an expert on nurses in WW1. This should give me a better grip on particulars. I need to ask about the training of the nurses and have other very particular questions. Again I hope I am prepared enough for this meeting. I'm thinking I will do something other things in London because I bought an all day pass and I want to get use out of it. I don't have too much else to say today. Lots of work and a paper. Write tomorrow.

No comments: