Monday, August 9, 2010

Wales


Secret places are meant to be discovered. The ocean was not meant to be ignored and I was meant to find gower. Gower is a pennsilla in Wales, and it is debatably the most beautiful beach I have ever been to. It has a rocky coast line and caves which we explored. One of the caves was so dark and you had to turn on your side in order to walk further. It reminded me of treasure Island. The place itself looked like the where the horcrux was stored in the 6th Harry Potter book. It was absouetley perfect. I found it by asking some people in Starbucks what was nice to see in Wales. Some one mentioned the gowers which is closer to swansea than cardiff(where we were staying). So I reasearched when we got back to the hostel and found out we had to go to Swansea to catch a bus to Gower. When we finally got to gower we were awe struck it was amazing, and not crowded at all.
It definatley made the trip!
Yesterday I went to Blehiem palace where Sir Winston Churchill was born. It was wonderful. Fountains and amazing carvings. And of corse lots of displays on Churchill whom I love! He was anything but an appeaser. I found out he was however a painter. Some of his art even got made into Christmas cards.
Tomorrow off to Scotland for a day trip. Waking up at 2 to leave at 3 and back tomorrow morning at 3 kinda crazy! I'll keep you posted!

No comments: