Saturday, July 17, 2010

Dyrham park


"The fields of the county could trick anyone into thinking that the green could go on forever, she once believed that the green could last and the ground would never go brown...I wrote that line thinking about Dyrham. I was able to revisit Dyrham park today, my favorite place in all of England. It does make you think that the green could go on forever, that there is nothing beyond it's cradling hills. I woke up at six thirty to catch a seven thirty train (this right here shows you how much I love Dyrham). Then I switched trains at Didcott where there is a large power plant, and finally road to Bath where I grabbed a cup of coffee then walked to queens square to grab the Dyrham bus. The free bus means that you are stuck at Dyrham from opening to close...but at the same time that is what i love about it, there is no hurry all your work is set aside to just be, and excist in this beautiful place.

I met a few deer who were only about thirty feet away from me. If you stay very still they come closer and closer testing their boundries. At one point I looked up at the deer standing only a few yards from where I was sitting and she looked up at me with a human like gaze then went closer and continued eating. I was able to write a bit on top of a hill to the left of the house, but I would like to go back to write the last scene of the book...when ever that happens to come, my word count is getting out of control but these are things to think about later for now I'm just focusing on writing it.

I wondered around the gift shop and bought my mother some strawberry jam, because the strawberries here are so much better than the ones at home and jam is the only way I can logically bring her home strawberries. I missed having my mother today last year it was the two of us at Dyrham...but it was just me today. I should probably go to bed. Tell me what you think of the picture I put up. Dyrham park has a photo contest not sure if it's over but if not I was thinking of submitting, I'm not much of a photographer but I like this one.

1 comment:

storyspace said...

When your book is published you're gonna bet they'll make this into a postcard. I know just where that is too. Missed being there with you!