Saturday, July 3, 2010

In Oxford!


England looks like a giant quilt. When you fly over the countryside all you see is the patch works of green fields seperated by the thread of hedges. Each field is a different shade of green, some yellow green other dark forest green, but they all blend making a quilt of England. Oxford is neither city nor country, or maybe I should say Oxford is city and country, the main streets are bussling with tourist and workers, but a ten minute walk will take you to open fields and rivers.

I'm all settled in my dorm in Oxford, but it's more than a dorm it looks like a palace room. I get my own sitting room with two bay windows and the celings are about twelve feet tall.

I went exploring Oxford with some people I met today. We had lunch in a little cafe that looked quaint; I don't think our waitress enjoyed our presents as much as we enjoyed our lunch. After lunch we went exploring and got lost to find things. Eventually we ended up on the river and watched people go punting. We sat on the docks and I cleaned my feet in the dirty water. All the families seem to be so close here doing outdoors activities together. I love hearing the children with their accents, they sound so proper.

Tonight my group is going out to a pub in town, which is good because there is a wedding going on in the dinning hall, which also happens to be my building. I can hear the guest laughing and making speeches. My room over looks the quad so I have been watching all the guest come in with their elaborate hats. I have to go but I'll leave you with an image the view from my room.

No comments: