Sunday, July 18, 2010

He called out to me in his Dickion's style voice, and I could not help but think of little Jo from Bleak house. It was corse, but in an odd way proper, calling me miss and blessing me. He sat by the entrance to an Oxford college with his little dog, the gates he probably never breeched. He wanted a pound fifty, and I didn't give him a pent, but when he blessed me I couldn't help but cringe. Of corse we are taught that we can't give every time and to walk past, but I still don't know... And his dog, that brings me to another point, many of the students here think its atrocious that the homeless people here have dogs, but I still cannot decide weather everyone needs a companion. As Sir John says company company where would we be without company? And to be perfectly honest I don't know. Humans need a connection with some other living being weather it be another human or an animal it's deserved, no it's a necessity. The poor little dog must have had flees for it was tossing about on the side walk with an itch. It looked well fed though. I don't know I always rationalize people before animals.

I did most of my paper for Reading Jane Austen today. I came to the realization that I had a weak/minimal thesis, very bad start. But I think I have one now; that passion is not driven only by romantic love, but also by passion for wealth, sex, and society. It is the broadest I could get with still having a direction. I will write more tomorrow sorry this blog did put in much of my day.

1 comment:

storyspace said...

buddy can you spare a dime,what about the dog? Think everyone does deserve a friend ,buddy...