Monday, July 5, 2010

Snip Snap GInger Beer

Class started today. Reading Jane Austen took place in my professors office that was cluttered with book. It gave the authenitc feel of an Oxford class. We spent and two hours discussing Northanger Abbey and all of Jane's different perceptions and misperceptions. It's heavenly falling into a world where I get graded for reading Austen.

We went out for drinks at a local pub that my tutor/professor suggested. I tried ginger beer it was delicious! Like grownup ginger ale just like I capture the castle said it would be. The pub was cozy and a group of my new friends all sat around and discussed our lectures and travel plans. It is comforting to have friends in a foreign place, if you have friends you are suddenly a local even if you are a bunch of Americans... it lets you blend.

London on Friday unfortunately the hostel we wanted to stay in is booked and our backup does not have enough beds... we are thinking of making it into a day trip then heading up to Cambridge on saturday. Lots of freedom to roam. I should go I have so much to read and it's getting late!

No comments: