Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Quick blog

The bells chime from the college clock at every hour of the day. When your walking through the golden light of day it reminds me of the a church service blessing the city. When the clocks chimes at 2 in the morning, 3 in the morning-warning you to sleep when your tossing and turning the clocks are not so blessed sounding. Last night I tossed and turned until after three and slept through breakfast. It makes me nervous to sleep tonight or rather not be able to sleep tonight.

Tea and coffee has gotten me through every day here at Oxford. At three everyday we all take a break from home work, skyping, or any other activity and go to tea. We sit in the grand hall (aka the dinning hall) and have tea and biscuits(aka cookies). It's a relaxing time to talk about travel plans and essays. I try to get to tea early to have the milk chocolate top cookies.

I finally have my paris trip all booked chunnel and hostel. Apparently we are stay in the artisty quarters. My big plan is to go see all of Hemingway's old hang outs. I want to soak up all the writer juices in the air. I should go because it's well after midnight!

1 comment:

storyspace said...

I love chocolate top cookies, save me some...