Thursday, July 8, 2010


Every room is different and unique at the college some are closet size others, are like palaces. Today we all cogrigated in a dorm that resembled a great gatsby flavor. The walls were dark paneled and we all sat around drinking pimms.I feel like Gatsby needs to walk out of one of the doors with his idlic white suit and offer us a cigar. It was a good way to de-stress after an agrivating day. I've been trying to plan our tip to Paris, but everything seems so complicated in booking and getting everyone settled on a place and time. Although I'm sure that the classes will have their fare share of work I love the method of learning over here; rather than an emphasis on grades the tutor want you to analyze and discuss. In both my classes we have amazing discussions and everyone takes the readings outside to dinner and pubs and we discusses Jane Austen or Sherlock Holmes, it has this amazing feeling of being right at home where I should be.

I've been able to do my writing over here too, that helps most homesickness. Writing is like meeting with an old friend every night and seeing the most wonderful movie together, weather that statement makes sense may depend upon the amount of pimms I really did have. Tomorrow off to London! I am going to the typical sights, westminister, the London bridge, and I have added to my list the Imperial War museum for research. Apparently it has an exhibit that is a trench, this should help my descriptions and images.

Last night I was cooped up in my college library reading Sherlock Holmes. Despite the fact that I had to read over a hundered pages I was content. I kept looking up at the Cathedral ceiling and the dusty old books and thinking how at home I felt. I choose cubby 19, with out even knowing it. I'm still trying to figure out the significance to the number 19 in my book, but it is certainly a reoccurring number. If you have any ideas let me know! Well London tomorrow better get to sleep!

No comments: